Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why don't people say what they mean...or mean what they say?!

I am so tired of having to digest the contents of every conversation I have to find out the true meaning of the message.

When people say they have "let go of the anger"...I am not sure after this weekend that is what it really means. I am thinking this phrase is used way to often to describe the momentary level of comfort one is seeking to make themselves feel better about their current place.

Or when people say, "get back with you soon". WTF! What is soon? Does that mean a few hours, days, weeks... I am a person who thrives on the idea of having a schedule or understanding of time frames. I am completely OK with lifetime commitments, or even dedicating a few hours of my time to a movie that I know sucks before I invest the time. But can anyone really explain the time span associated with the word "soon".

Best of all, I love hearing "this is happening for a reason"...really?! Do you really know this to be true or are you just repeating the words you heard roll off someone else's tongue! I believe it would be useful for the person muttering those fond words to actually know what the hell they are talking about and tell me the damn "reason" and how they know this to be true.

No comments: