Thursday, November 13, 2008

Starbucks will forever have a different meaning...

So I have started venturing out of my protected little area that I call my life to see what else is out there. I have been stung in the past by people doing different things to me while I was going through very difficult times in my life and since then I have been very passive in watching my own existence go by. That being said, I vowed to take some steps in changing my own life..yeah, yeah...I have been listening and trying to implement The Secret.

So...one of my first attempts at stepping outside the box on a new front was no so pleasant in terms of how it played out. I was grabbing a coffee at Starbucks yesterday on my way to my first appt and I noticed the guy in front of me in the line. He was dressed very cute with a camo military hat, cute jeans, and the coolest black jacket...very classy. Well it was one of things where I noticed him, but I don't think he noticed me until after he was done ordering. Well needless to say I am the very unconventional Starbucks goer...straight coffee and nothing else. So I was in and out. As I start walking to the door I notice him totally checking me out...and then I notice him watching me get into my car and his eyes stay locked on what I was doing even through the "backing out of the parking spot" routine. I thought about the situation the entire time I was driving to my appt.

After a car accident I had earlier in the year, I got notified of a post on CraigsList for missed connections and I dabbled with it once. And wouldn't have guessed it but I actually got a reply back...so I have had a good response experience from that medium. SO WHAT DO I DO...of course...I regreted not making more of an effort with Mr. Starbucks and figured I would post an ad to see if he checked out that venue...I was also hoping on the flipside that I would have already been beat to the punch and there would be an ad there for me...not no...so I proceed with the post.

Well a few hours later I get an email back from the ad.


"He's not interested. He's my bf. I was in line behind you. But we both thoughtyou were pretty damn good lookin!"

Ok, so what the hell are the chances of that! The emails continue for many more replies back and forth. I learn more than I need to about the inner details of their relationship and I find out that there's a lot more going on...NONE OF WHICH I have any interest in getting involved with.

So throughout the entire experience I feel like I have lost a coffee shop and my favorite home improvement store location.

What is a boy to do?! Losing a home improvement store in the middle of getting a rent house ready for market is not good! :( Henh Henh!!

No comments: